Friday, July 18, 2014

Should I start insulin? #1


Guideline -
Making choices :Should I start insulin?

U olzzz, agree or not that starting insulin treatment untuk pesakit kencing manis is NOT EASY.
Sebab ape ea? Maybe sebab RAMAI SANGAT 'DOKTOR' KAT RUMAH yang lebih dipercayai daripada Doctors who hold DEGREE IN MEDICAL.
Berikut adalah antara kemusykilan yang mungkin timbul ..

CONTENT 1: What are your concerns ?

1. I am afraid of injections & pain.
-The new insulin pen causes little pain.

2. I am afraid of my sugar getting too low (hypoglycaemia).
-'hypos' can be avoided with regular meals.

3. I am afraid of gaining weight.
-You may control your weight by proper diet & exercise.

4. I don't know much about insulin.
-This guide will explain to you about insulin.

5. I am not confident in handling insulin on my own.
-This guide & your doctor/nurse will teach you how to handle insulin.

6. I am afraid of being addicted to insulin.
-Insulin is not addictive.

7. Insulin may damage my kidneys.
-This is a misconception.
-High blood sugar level damage the kidneys, not insulin.

8. Starting insulin means that my diabetes is very serious.
-Insulin is started to control your diabetes & prevent it from getting serious.

9. I am confused. Different people tell me different things.
-This guide provides information to clear your doubts.

10.I don't think my diabetes is that serious to need insulin.
-You need insulin because your diabetes is not well-controlled despite taking tablets.

11. I am worried that insulin treatment is too expensive.
-The cost of insulin treatment varies. Your doctor will advise you accordingly.

12. I am worried that insulin is not halal.
-All insulin in Malaysia is halal.

13. Will I feel better with insulin?
-Yes, your diabetes symptoms will improve.

# Semoga sedikit kemusykilan telah terjawab :)

9 comments:

  1. diabetes lari..hihih..takut kalau dah terkena..

    ReplyDelete
  2. betul. ramai yg bertanggapan bila pakai insulin tu, diabetes dah teruk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huu usia muda macam ni kena amalkan gaya hidup sihat. Supaya di kemudian hari nnti tiada masalah kronik huu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betul Iola. Takut tau. Glucose toxicity ni perlahan-perlahan rosakkan pancreas, iaitu organ penghasilan hormon insulin kita.

      Delete
  4. jagalah kesihatan, tak mo.... dijauhkanlah...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Assalamualaikum kak Shikin. Ros ada pertanyaan sikit. nak minta pendapat akak.
    kalau bagi pesakit diabetes yang mengamalkan makan ubat, berapa bacaan gula yang normal bagi beliau?. adakah sama iaitu 5-7 sahaja jika berpuasa?.
    terima kasih kak :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. W'salam Ros. Kalau puasa reflo (ujian darah yang cucuk kat jari) mesti antara 4.4-6.0.
      Sama-sama :)

      Delete

Enjoy your reading.
And please come again next time.
~ Dr. Shikin @ Nazeck ~